Dental Health and Your Health Gum Disease How To
Taking Care Of Your Dental Health Between Office Visits
While we are practicing social distancing to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, we also need to be concerned about our dental health. The coronavirus doesn’t cancel tooth decay or gum disease. Protect your smile, an important part of your overall health!
Caused by the germs in your mouth that turn the sugar you eat into acid. The acid then creates holes in your teeth.
Prevent/ Stop Decay:
- Eat less sugar and less frequently
- Brush and floss regularly to clean the plaque off your teeth
- Use the fluoride gel to make your teeth more resistant to the acid that forms in your mouth
Prevent / Stop Gum Disease:
Gum disease happens when your immune system battles with the germs in your mouth and all the chemicals that are produced in the battle actually damage your gums.
Protect Your Smile: keep up with your at home care to reduce the germs in your mouth and reduce the acidity of the plaque!
How to do it:
- Clean off the plaque with brush, floss and irrigator
- Therasol to kill the gum disease causing germs
- Oxyfresh tooth paste to break up the inflammatory chemicals that cause gum disease
- Take home care fluoride gel to make your enamel harder and more resident to acid
If you need more dental products: call the office (203) 324-6171
Of course regular dental cleanings are needed to get the plaque you miss, but since the plaque comes back after a day or two you need to do your part between office visits.
Try Dr. Simon’s at home routine he has been using for many years and it works!
It takes 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening.
What you will need:
- Sonicare Toothbrush
- Oxyfresh Ttooth Paste
- Take-home-care Fluoride Gel,
- Therasol Mouth Rinse,
- A Dental Irrigator
- Dental Floss.
In the Morning:
- Use the irrigator for 3 minutes with comfortably warm water.
- Brush with Oxyfresh Tooth Paste and a dab of Take-home-care Fluoride Gel with the Sonicare Toothbrush for 2 minutes.
- Spit several times and don’t rinse, eat or drink for 10 minutes to let the fluoride soak in.
In the Evening:
- Dental Floss (or irrigate again if you don’t like to floss).
- Brush with Therasol with the Sonicare Toothbrush.
- Spit and don’t rinse.
Where to get the dental products:
- You can purchase everything at the office, call (203) 324-6171
- Amazon, who will happily deliver it to your door, sells all these dental products except for the Take-home-care Fluoride Gel
- The Take-home-care Fluoride Gel requires a prescription and you can get it at your drug store or at the office. (they will probably charge you a higher price and add tax but it is well worth it if you cannot get to the office now)
Take care and follow this routine at home every day!