Articles Preventative Care
Dr. Simon’s Daily Home Care Routine
There are two different routines, the AM and PM routine, but you can do the AM routine in the morning or evening. This is pretty simple and will not take long. Estimated time is 2 minutes for AM and 5 minutes for PM.
- Sonicare toothbrush for ultrasonic cleaning.
- Glide dental floss which is easy to use.
- Oxyfresh toothpaste which has ClO2 to break up sulphur compounds.
- Take Home Care Fluoride Treatment Gel has 5,000 ppm Fl to help stop decay.
- Therasol oral rinse for fighting the bacteria and gum disease.
- Oral Irrigator (high teck water pik) to wash between teeth and under gum lines.
- Brush with both Oxyfresh tooth paste & Take Home Care fluoride gel on the brush at the same time for a 2 minute cycle on the Sonicare toothbrush.
- Spit out several times but do not rinse or eat or drink for at least 15 minutes so you do not swallow the tooth paste but leave a slight film on your teeth.
- Use the Oral Irrigator to wash between teeth and under the gum line around all teeth. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Take a small sip of Therasol in your mouth (about a table spoon) and quickly slip the Sonicare brush in your mouth without spilling the Therasol and brush for a 2 minute cycle. Spit out thoroughly but do not rinse.